-
only konqueror and ping working!
Hi, I am new to this forum and Knoppix and am not particularly good with linux in general yet.
I can ping the internet, and I can browse the internet with konqueror but nothing else will connect (except the router admin page) gaim doesnt work, firefox, apt-get, games nothing.
I am using Games-Knoppix 4.02-3
I have tried both DHCP and Manual settings.
Nvidia nforce4 nic
Dlink DSL-G604t router
Ubuntu works just fine.
PS: I know this has been mentioned before but the solution didnt work, it was an older version of Knoppix and I didnt want to resurect the post from way back in August.
EDIT: I must not have put the settings in correctly for manual
for some odd reason it works fine when I don't use DHCP
Similar Threads
-
By granduke in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By someuser77 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
-
By masticate in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 08:45 AM
-
By roc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly
$299.00