-
I can boot fron knoppix. now what?
I upgraded (or tried to) my Debian box from Woody to Sarge. When I tried to reboot, LILO choked... from what I have gathered my best course of action is to use Knoppix to either repair LILO or install GRUB instead.
I am able to boot from the Knoppix CD.
I have tried doing several things like
where I got the following error
/sbin/grub-install: line 399: /usr/bin/uniq: input/output error
could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device
I've tried mounting a filesystem to chroot to and get an error saying something to the effect of specifying a wrong type or filesystem... sorry can't remember exactly...
I also get an input/output error when trying to run programs like vi, less and tail.
I'm kind of at my wits end here. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Atrainjenkins in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By merlin232 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By the_joker02 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers
$1352.99

Commodore Amiga 1020 5.25" External Floppy Drive Not Tested Parts Only
$199.99

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive - Not Tested No Returns
$79.99

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99

Lot of 25 3.5" Floppy Disks Amiga, w/ 2 Disk Cases
$34.99

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99

Commodore Amiga 500 in box NTSC with mouse and power supply 512k
$340.00

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00