-
I can boot fron knoppix. now what?
I upgraded (or tried to) my Debian box from Woody to Sarge. When I tried to reboot, LILO choked... from what I have gathered my best course of action is to use Knoppix to either repair LILO or install GRUB instead.
I am able to boot from the Knoppix CD.
I have tried doing several things like
where I got the following error
/sbin/grub-install: line 399: /usr/bin/uniq: input/output error
could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device
I've tried mounting a filesystem to chroot to and get an error saying something to the effect of specifying a wrong type or filesystem... sorry can't remember exactly...
I also get an input/output error when trying to run programs like vi, less and tail.
I'm kind of at my wits end here. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Atrainjenkins in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By merlin232 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By the_joker02 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45

Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s
$285.00

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00