Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with language and menu :(

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Problem with language and menu :(

    Hello,
    I have been preparing a custom version of knoppix and would like to ask
    for help as I have checked all documentation and have not found any solution
    In file /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, in part:

    LANGUAGE="$(getbootparam lang 2>/dev/null)"
    [ -n "$LANGUAGE" ] || LANGUAGE="pl"

    I have set default Polish language. Unfortunately all times starts
    English (Perhaps soon _after_this_part there should be case, describing
    language Polish not German?). Maybe another place (another script)?

    ...I have additional question: In KDE menu at the bottom I have '"Logout
    knoppix"' and after choosing, is appears window "Ens session for
    knoppix". I would like to change word "knoppix" for "linux". In ~.kde I
    can not search this string. Where I can change it?
    Thanks for all knoppix users and greeting!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Ohhh - I'm stupid ;)))))

    I can't find string "knoppix" ... because this is name of default USER in Knoppix.
    (I'm sorry ... maybe to match work ))

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Ohhh - I'm stupid ;)))))

    I can't find string "knoppix" ... because this is name of default USER in Knoppix.
    (I'm sorry ... maybe to match work )))

Similar Threads

  1. Aqua GTK options menu problem
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
  2. Beginners Language Problem
    By Mlight in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
  3. Can Not See What The Language is on the Mozilla's Menu
    By geohuang in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 01:31 PM
  4. apt-get language problem
    By 3133 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 09:35 PM
  5. Other language in K menu - problem
    By larryks in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



32GB DDR5 PC5-38400R RDIMM Micron MTC18F1045S1PC48BA2 Memory RAM picture

32GB DDR5 PC5-38400R RDIMM Micron MTC18F1045S1PC48BA2 Memory RAM

$949.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$88.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95