-
Senior Member
registered user
C-SPAN
I was using surfing the internet the other day, testing out the different capabilities of firefox on knoppix v3.8 and on kanotix, and I ended up on http://www.c-span.org I tried clicking on a video link on the main c-span page but it would not play, firefox spit out a message saying "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program" I notice that the link on the website references a javascript functionjavascript
layClip(clip06) how do I associate a program with the mentioned protocol,is there a plugin that I need to download, because under Internet Explorer in Windows, the link triggers Internet Explorer to open Real Player, any information about firefox and streaming audio players would be greatly appreciated as firefox under windows seems to have the same problem, is firefox just not capable of playing clips from links formatted in the fashion that they are on the c-span site? Also, does anyone think that this thread would have been better placed in the general support section of the forums, I wasn't sure because the issue is not knoppix specific.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Netgear AV Line M4250-9G1F-PoE+ GSM4210PD 10-Port PoE+ Managed L3 Network Switch
$378.00

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99