-
Senior Member
registered user
Need help starting nxserver automatically
I finally have KNOPPIX 4.0.2 setup running from an ISO image where everything starts (and shuts off) automagically. I wanted to make things as simple as possible so that my wife (a former Win98 user that I do not want to upgrade to XP) and I can use the same machine. One of my requirements is to have ssh start automatically using my generated key set each time. Here is how I do that from a script
rm -rf /etc/ssh/*
cp /mnt/hda3/bin/config/ssh/* /etc/ssh/
/etc/init.d/ssh start
echo "knoppix:c0mplexp@ssw0rd" | chpasswd
Now I would like to do the same thing with NX server. I will settle for starting it from an ssh login:
sudo /usr/bin/nxsetup-knoppix
but I would prefer to not even do that unless I have to, as it requires that I manually choose which key set to use.
Here is what I have tried (unsuccessfully) so far (this runs after I start the ssh service sucessfully):
cp /mnt/hda3/bin/config/nxserver.ssh/* /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh
/usr/bin/nxserver --start
Any suggestions from the group greatly appreciated,
Regards,
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By ovaron in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 07:04 AM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 02:06 AM
-
By Morf in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 01:00 AM
-
By motu2k in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 10:59 AM
-
By zuzu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 06:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of Ram
$3000.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00