Hello! I'm a gentoo user looking to have a portable knoppix (or derivative) installation. I already have a persitant home and all that, but what I've really been wondering is this:
Would it be possible to modify the boot such that changes could be made directly to the cd or dvd image? (say, if it was installed on a cdrw or dvdrw.)
Mostly why I want to do this is because I have a USB key that I was successful in getting Knoppix to boot entirely off of, but the image is still mounted as read-only. I realize that, if possible, having a writable image would probably take immense system power (either real time compression, or more likely, a sync-filesystem...thing), but what about a smaller image, like DSL?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3β Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14β HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14β FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14β Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99