-
ndiswrapper no recognizing bcmwl5.inf for Broadcom wireless
Trying to install XP drivers under ndiswrapper but it does not recognize the .inf file but Linuxant load does. Ideas?
-
Acer Aspire 3002NLCi
Are you using acer notebooks? If yes, then it's actually the activation button for the wifi is not functioning. Don't ask me how to enable it cause I also is still searching the answer and I'm a newbie to linux.
There were a few links that may help you if you are an expert in Linux, but I couldn't understands it.
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...2&page=2&pp=15
http://www.archernar.co.uk/acer_acpi...acpi_main.html
Maybe oneday some one is kind enough to compile the sources in a way that is easier for a newbie like me...lol.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Try This...
I have a belkin wireless card on my pc that uses that same windows driver (bcmwl5.inf). You need to make sure you have the bcmwl5.sys file also, then ndiswrapper will work. I am a newbie at this but I was able to get this wireless connection humming.
1) I put both bcmwl5 files in my home directory.
2) Then I issued the command "ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf" at a root prompt.
3) Then typed ndiswrapper -m
4) I then went to Kwifimanager and set up a config using my network name, my wep key under the Use encryption section, I then did a autodetect to see what my wireless setup was...mine was wlan0.
5) Then to get the dhcp working you have to enter the line in the script section "pump -i wlan0" or whatever your card setup is called.
6) After that I did an "Activate" on the same screen and wella my wireless connection came up.
Let me know if this works for you. I have a hard drive install of knoppix but this should not make any difference. If you can get this going I then can show you how to automatically connect at boot time. But first things first.
Similar Threads
-
By mr-roboto in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 04:00 PM
-
By ApocalypticChaos in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2006, 01:15 AM
-
By greywolf19 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2006, 06:56 PM
-
By silverbug in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-01-2005, 08:43 PM
-
By astump in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00