Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

    Ok, I remastered my cd, made the iso, but when I test it (burned or qemu) the keyboard layout is off.
    When I type qwerty I get instead 7890-=

    I have tried changing keyboard layouts from control panel, but no change in the way the keys type.
    If I boot the orginal knoppix cd the keyboard layout is fine. I did not add/remove any software pertaining to the keyboard.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    jeicrash.

    I have even created a us.kbd file in /boot/isolinux/us.kbd and removed the german.kbd file.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Update on this, I started from scratch and problem seams to be gone, I think it had something to do with memory errors durring the compress_fs part. Have now increased my swap space and all seams fine. I'll post again if I find out anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Mapping keys on keyboard to corresponding characters on scr
    By andrew1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
  2. how to change keyboard layouts with short keys???
    By embata_n1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
  3. Offset window display
    By ddill in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Screen at offset
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
  5. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11 picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11

$89.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT

$225.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98