Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

    Ok, I remastered my cd, made the iso, but when I test it (burned or qemu) the keyboard layout is off.
    When I type qwerty I get instead 7890-=

    I have tried changing keyboard layouts from control panel, but no change in the way the keys type.
    If I boot the orginal knoppix cd the keyboard layout is fine. I did not add/remove any software pertaining to the keyboard.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    jeicrash.

    I have even created a us.kbd file in /boot/isolinux/us.kbd and removed the german.kbd file.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Update on this, I started from scratch and problem seams to be gone, I think it had something to do with memory errors durring the compress_fs part. Have now increased my swap space and all seams fine. I'll post again if I find out anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Mapping keys on keyboard to corresponding characters on scr
    By andrew1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
  2. how to change keyboard layouts with short keys???
    By embata_n1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
  3. Offset window display
    By ddill in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Screen at offset
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
  5. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD picture

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD

$565.00