Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

    Ok, I remastered my cd, made the iso, but when I test it (burned or qemu) the keyboard layout is off.
    When I type qwerty I get instead 7890-=

    I have tried changing keyboard layouts from control panel, but no change in the way the keys type.
    If I boot the orginal knoppix cd the keyboard layout is fine. I did not add/remove any software pertaining to the keyboard.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    jeicrash.

    I have even created a us.kbd file in /boot/isolinux/us.kbd and removed the german.kbd file.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Update on this, I started from scratch and problem seams to be gone, I think it had something to do with memory errors durring the compress_fs part. Have now increased my swap space and all seams fine. I'll post again if I find out anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Mapping keys on keyboard to corresponding characters on scr
    By andrew1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
  2. how to change keyboard layouts with short keys???
    By embata_n1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
  3. Offset window display
    By ddill in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Screen at offset
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
  5. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 9 RAM Sticks DDR4 DDR5 Server Desktop Laptop AS-IS For Parts or Repair picture

Lot of 9 RAM Sticks DDR4 DDR5 Server Desktop Laptop AS-IS For Parts or Repair

$499.99



Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R picture

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R

$341.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Micron 6x64GB(384GB)DDR4 ECC Registered LRDIMM PC4-2400T 288-Pin MTA72ASS8G72LZ picture

Micron 6x64GB(384GB)DDR4 ECC Registered LRDIMM PC4-2400T 288-Pin MTA72ASS8G72LZ

$1600.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99