Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

    Ok, I remastered my cd, made the iso, but when I test it (burned or qemu) the keyboard layout is off.
    When I type qwerty I get instead 7890-=

    I have tried changing keyboard layouts from control panel, but no change in the way the keys type.
    If I boot the orginal knoppix cd the keyboard layout is fine. I did not add/remove any software pertaining to the keyboard.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    jeicrash.

    I have even created a us.kbd file in /boot/isolinux/us.kbd and removed the german.kbd file.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Update on this, I started from scratch and problem seams to be gone, I think it had something to do with memory errors durring the compress_fs part. Have now increased my swap space and all seams fine. I'll post again if I find out anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Mapping keys on keyboard to corresponding characters on scr
    By andrew1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
  2. how to change keyboard layouts with short keys???
    By embata_n1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
  3. Offset window display
    By ddill in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Screen at offset
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
  5. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server picture

IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server

$999.95



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys

$549.95



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99