Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Keyboard problems (Offset keys)

    Ok, I remastered my cd, made the iso, but when I test it (burned or qemu) the keyboard layout is off.
    When I type qwerty I get instead 7890-=

    I have tried changing keyboard layouts from control panel, but no change in the way the keys type.
    If I boot the orginal knoppix cd the keyboard layout is fine. I did not add/remove any software pertaining to the keyboard.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    jeicrash.

    I have even created a us.kbd file in /boot/isolinux/us.kbd and removed the german.kbd file.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Update on this, I started from scratch and problem seams to be gone, I think it had something to do with memory errors durring the compress_fs part. Have now increased my swap space and all seams fine. I'll post again if I find out anything else.

Similar Threads

  1. Mapping keys on keyboard to corresponding characters on scr
    By andrew1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
  2. how to change keyboard layouts with short keys???
    By embata_n1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
  3. Offset window display
    By ddill in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 01:25 AM
  4. Screen at offset
    By sharlila in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 02:59 PM
  5. Laptop keyboard with 88 keys supported?
    By janmartin3 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM  32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop picture

Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop

$750.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Crucial PC4-25600 PC4 3200AA 16GB 1X16GB DDR4 2RX8 3200MHz 260pin Memory Ram picture

Crucial PC4-25600 PC4 3200AA 16GB 1X16GB DDR4 2RX8 3200MHz 260pin Memory Ram

$55.00



Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC picture

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC

$150.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99