-
Boot with a writable image?
Hello! I'm a gentoo user looking to have a portable knoppix (or derivative) installation. I already have a persitant home and all that, but what I've really been wondering is this:
Would it be possible to modify the boot such that changes could be made directly to the cd or dvd image? (say, if it was installed on a cdrw or dvdrw.)
Mostly why I want to do this is because I have a USB key that I was successful in getting Knoppix to boot entirely off of, but the image is still mounted as read-only. I realize that, if possible, having a writable image would probably take immense system power (either real time compression, or more likely, a sync-filesystem...thing), but what about a smaller image, like DSL?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Similar Threads
-
By brewster66 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By satimis in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2005, 03:31 AM
-
By tfinan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 02:04 PM
-
By hooji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 04:00 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99