Did you make sure to have the appropriate sys file(s) in the same directory? The inf file is only part of the driver for the device. Also, can you give the exact make/model of your card and the exact filenames of the drivers you're using?
Hi
I did a quick search and didnt get very far. Trying to use WPC54G on a Dell Inspiron 1100 w/ Knoppix 4.0.2.
Using ndiswrapper. From other posts, I got this far...
>>ndiswrapper -i filename.inf
**this works --> chekced w/ ndiswrapper -l --> the driver is installed *but* no device
>>ndiswrapper -m
>> modprobe ndiswrapper
>>dmesg | tail -20
...
...
ndiswrapper version 1.0@050205 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=yes) **not sure which version@where but this is the last line
The thing never powers up. I tried lspci but it didnt see it. So what now?
Thanks
BTW if its not obvious... I have NO clue what the hell I'm doing.
Did you make sure to have the appropriate sys file(s) in the same directory? The inf file is only part of the driver for the device. Also, can you give the exact make/model of your card and the exact filenames of the drivers you're using?
Linksys WPC54G v?? (gotta find the box to get the version#... I'm looking)
I'm pulling the Linksys Folder off my HD copying it to knoppix desktop. It contains
LSTINDS.inf
LSTINDS.cat
LSTINDS4.sys <-- could the difference in filename be whats screwing it up?
Thanks

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99