-
Mousing and wireless networking
Hello,
I've recently downloaded and used Knoppix 3.8.2. It works really well on the family PC. On my PC however, there are difficulties. I have a Logitech MX700 wireless USB mouse that doesn't work. It scans for USB devices for a while it seems and then later on in the boot says it found a PS/2 wheel mouse. Using the forum search feature I found a couple of topics dealing with this particular mouse but no solutions for me. Someone did suggest typing:
modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid
When I tried this it said something along the lines of "module not found" for the usbmouse line. Of course I can use another mouse and it will solve the problem, but I'm curious if a solution has been found for the MX700
I'm thinking I can solve the wireless networking problem using ndiswrapper. I can navigate menus fine with just a keyboard but I would rather fix the mouse first 
Lastly, I don't know if this could be the root of the problem or not. Starting up Knoppix it gives an error:
ACPI BIOS missed cutoff
Because of this error I went and upgraded my BIOS (or so I thought!) and it still gives this error. I disabled BIOS protection and when I regularly boot it says the BIOS version is the newer one that I installed. Any ideas for why the BIOS cutoff error still occurs?
Thanks
-
update
It turns out that the mouse that works on the family PC with Knoppix does not work with Knoppix on my PC.
Similar Threads
-
By ebazz in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
-
By DukeXC in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Used Arista SFP-10G-SRL — RegenTech
$9.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m
$73.99