Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mousing and wireless networking

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Mousing and wireless networking

    Hello,

    I've recently downloaded and used Knoppix 3.8.2. It works really well on the family PC. On my PC however, there are difficulties. I have a Logitech MX700 wireless USB mouse that doesn't work. It scans for USB devices for a while it seems and then later on in the boot says it found a PS/2 wheel mouse. Using the forum search feature I found a couple of topics dealing with this particular mouse but no solutions for me. Someone did suggest typing:

    modprobe -r usbmouse
    modprobe hid

    When I tried this it said something along the lines of "module not found" for the usbmouse line. Of course I can use another mouse and it will solve the problem, but I'm curious if a solution has been found for the MX700

    I'm thinking I can solve the wireless networking problem using ndiswrapper. I can navigate menus fine with just a keyboard but I would rather fix the mouse first

    Lastly, I don't know if this could be the root of the problem or not. Starting up Knoppix it gives an error:

    ACPI BIOS missed cutoff

    Because of this error I went and upgraded my BIOS (or so I thought!) and it still gives this error. I disabled BIOS protection and when I regularly boot it says the BIOS version is the newer one that I installed. Any ideas for why the BIOS cutoff error still occurs?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    update

    It turns out that the mouse that works on the family PC with Knoppix does not work with Knoppix on my PC.

Similar Threads

  1. New guy needs help with wireless networking
    By ebazz in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
  2. Help with wireless networking
    By DukeXC in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
  3. need wireless networking help
    By thellamafarm in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
  4. Wireless Networking
    By nube72 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
  5. Wireless Networking help
    By Mike UK in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$49.99



Samsung 870 EVO 1TB SATA III 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 1TB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD V-NAND - MZ-77E1T0

$120.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77



Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue picture

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue

$299.00