-
Mousing and wireless networking
Hello,
I've recently downloaded and used Knoppix 3.8.2. It works really well on the family PC. On my PC however, there are difficulties. I have a Logitech MX700 wireless USB mouse that doesn't work. It scans for USB devices for a while it seems and then later on in the boot says it found a PS/2 wheel mouse. Using the forum search feature I found a couple of topics dealing with this particular mouse but no solutions for me. Someone did suggest typing:
modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid
When I tried this it said something along the lines of "module not found" for the usbmouse line. Of course I can use another mouse and it will solve the problem, but I'm curious if a solution has been found for the MX700
I'm thinking I can solve the wireless networking problem using ndiswrapper. I can navigate menus fine with just a keyboard but I would rather fix the mouse first 
Lastly, I don't know if this could be the root of the problem or not. Starting up Knoppix it gives an error:
ACPI BIOS missed cutoff
Because of this error I went and upgraded my BIOS (or so I thought!) and it still gives this error. I disabled BIOS protection and when I regularly boot it says the BIOS version is the newer one that I installed. Any ideas for why the BIOS cutoff error still occurs?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By ebazz in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
-
By DukeXC in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA-RB4-12-MH1 DDR4 ECC RDIMM M393A8G40BB4-CWECO
$650.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Micron MTA18ASF4G72PDZ-3G2B2 32GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM
$339.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99