Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mousing and wireless networking

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Mousing and wireless networking

    Hello,

    I've recently downloaded and used Knoppix 3.8.2. It works really well on the family PC. On my PC however, there are difficulties. I have a Logitech MX700 wireless USB mouse that doesn't work. It scans for USB devices for a while it seems and then later on in the boot says it found a PS/2 wheel mouse. Using the forum search feature I found a couple of topics dealing with this particular mouse but no solutions for me. Someone did suggest typing:

    modprobe -r usbmouse
    modprobe hid

    When I tried this it said something along the lines of "module not found" for the usbmouse line. Of course I can use another mouse and it will solve the problem, but I'm curious if a solution has been found for the MX700

    I'm thinking I can solve the wireless networking problem using ndiswrapper. I can navigate menus fine with just a keyboard but I would rather fix the mouse first

    Lastly, I don't know if this could be the root of the problem or not. Starting up Knoppix it gives an error:

    ACPI BIOS missed cutoff

    Because of this error I went and upgraded my BIOS (or so I thought!) and it still gives this error. I disabled BIOS protection and when I regularly boot it says the BIOS version is the newer one that I installed. Any ideas for why the BIOS cutoff error still occurs?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    update

    It turns out that the mouse that works on the family PC with Knoppix does not work with Knoppix on my PC.

Similar Threads

  1. New guy needs help with wireless networking
    By ebazz in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
  2. Help with wireless networking
    By DukeXC in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
  3. need wireless networking help
    By thellamafarm in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
  4. Wireless Networking
    By nube72 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
  5. Wireless Networking help
    By Mike UK in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5

Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5" 12Gb/s 128MB 7.2K RPM SAS HDD P/N: 1V4204-002

$24.99



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$51.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00