-
Senior Member
registered user
xhcat - Segmentation fault
I am running knoppix v3.8, and I am having a problem with xchat. Whenever I open xchat from the kmenu, and configure my nick and user name, and select an irc server to connect to, the program begins to connect, but then the window and the applications close with no displayed error message. I then decided that I would try to open xchat via terminal, and when I do, I configure the nick, and user id as I did when accessing it from the kmenu, and I click conncect, and then the program exits and this is displayed on the terminal window Any ideas as to what that means, and how I can fix it
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, I'm suspecting the problem could possibly be caused by me running v3.8 of knoppix on the live cd and not on my hard drive. Since the error that I get is a Segmentation Fault does this mean that when I change the nick, that xchat is attempting to save that change to a file on the cd which is read only and could conceivable cause a segmentation fault (attempt to access memory that the application does not have permission to use) would the problem be fixed if I created a persistent home directory, or would that not have any bearing on the problem since xchat is not stored in the home directory on the cd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
So...........is my topic ubernoob, I notice that there are no replies, does this mean that it is likely to be cause by a problem w/ my setup? is the xchat problem inherent in the live-cd of knoppix 3.8, could someone at least tell me if they have had a similar problem, and if xchat really does try to write to the cd when you set up you nick, am I really the only one who has this problem?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
dvryknopper
..........is my topic ubernoob,...?
No. I suspect that the lack of replies reflects that not many users here use xchat.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By pegasus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-10-2007, 05:08 AM
-
By Keilaron in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 05:07 AM
-
By reviczky in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 05:33 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403
$60.00

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99