Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Starting X

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Starting X

    Hi There,
    I am trying to load 3.1 on my box but X will not start I get an error not seeing my card.I have cirrus logic 5446 card and an AOC CM335 monitor.Can anybody help please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Starting X

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler
    Hi There,
    I am trying to load 3.1 on my box but X will not start I get an error not seeing my card.I have cirrus logic 5446 card and an AOC CM335 monitor.Can anybody help please?
    First thing - try updating to 3.2 it should have greater hardware compatibility. Post back if you are still having problems.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Knoppix 3.1

    HI aay ,
    I got this copy free with a magazine (too good to be true).I have tried different cheats but no luck.I wondered if there is a way to start X in a lowres mode...Was informed that my card was vesa vga but all I get is blurred screen....
    Any ideas?

    Thnks Dave

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix 3.1

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler
    HI aay ,
    I got this copy free with a magazine (too good to be true).I have tried different cheats but no luck.I wondered if there is a way to start X in a lowres mode...Was informed that my card was vesa vga but all I get is blurred screen....
    Any ideas?

    Thnks Dave
    What cheat codes have you used? Have you tried knoppix xserver=XF86_SVGA xvrefresh=60 vga=normal maybe even screen=640x480 in there too.

Similar Threads

  1. starting from scratch
    By Tomster in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
  2. Trouble Starting X
    By bayers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 05:17 AM
  3. First Starting Up
    By brlund in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:19 AM
  4. auto starting NIS
    By fkbangun in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:33 AM
  5. KDE not starting
    By cp2302 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Toshiba MG04ACA400N 4TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 3.5

Toshiba MG04ACA400N 4TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive HDD

$65.00



HGST Ultrastar 4TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 4TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 3.5" HDD HUS726040AL5214 4Kn

$56.00



Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard

$169.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD

$34.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59