Try K3b - it's wonderful and it uses cdrecord anyway (K3b is a "front-end" for it)
also may want to use this command;
Code:/usr/bin/cdrecord.mmap -v gracetime=2 dev=1,0,0 speed=32 -dao driveropts=burnfree -eject -data /path/to/file/<filename>
I have installed the last version of Knoppix on my PC without problems (aparently...). I have 2 hard disk as scsi (SATA) and my CD/DVD RW device is located in /dev/hda.
I'm trying to use cdrecord to burn my CD's but at the moment it is impossible. I'm trying to use the information that I found in the internet about modify the /etc/default/cdrecord file introducing the information about CDR_DEVICE=/dev/hda or as command cdrecord dev=/dev/hda -scanbus but always the system at this point seems blocked.
Someone can help me?
Thanks in advance
Javier
Try K3b - it's wonderful and it uses cdrecord anyway (K3b is a "front-end" for it)
also may want to use this command;
Code:/usr/bin/cdrecord.mmap -v gracetime=2 dev=1,0,0 speed=32 -dao driveropts=burnfree -eject -data /path/to/file/<filename>
The problem is that cdrecord not work then also for k3b!!!!
The CD/DVD unit is blocked after that I try to use it.
Javier
perhaps you need an entry in /etc/fstab like this;Originally Posted by javiergp
$ sudo cat /etc/fstab
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0
Note;
hda - 1st ATA/IDE device
hdb
hdc
hdd - 4th ATA/IDE device
To edit /etc/fstab - you'll use nano, or pico, or vim usually;
$ sudo nano /etc/fstab
move around using up/down arrows - make edits, save using CTRL-O -- press Enter when asked for filename ok - then CTRL-X to exit...(logout and then login - or reboot)
edited -- changed 'ro' to 'rw' (read only to read write)
I have a 3.4 install and 'cdrecord' work properly to me, without having modified nothing in whatsoever configs files. My /etc/default/cdrecord report CDR_DEVICE=yamaha while my device is a Waitec, my fstab entry is '/dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0'.
To find my device address I'm used to run 'cdrecord -scanbus'.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00