Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mousing and wireless networking

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Mousing and wireless networking

    Hello,

    I've recently downloaded and used Knoppix 3.8.2. It works really well on the family PC. On my PC however, there are difficulties. I have a Logitech MX700 wireless USB mouse that doesn't work. It scans for USB devices for a while it seems and then later on in the boot says it found a PS/2 wheel mouse. Using the forum search feature I found a couple of topics dealing with this particular mouse but no solutions for me. Someone did suggest typing:

    modprobe -r usbmouse
    modprobe hid

    When I tried this it said something along the lines of "module not found" for the usbmouse line. Of course I can use another mouse and it will solve the problem, but I'm curious if a solution has been found for the MX700

    I'm thinking I can solve the wireless networking problem using ndiswrapper. I can navigate menus fine with just a keyboard but I would rather fix the mouse first

    Lastly, I don't know if this could be the root of the problem or not. Starting up Knoppix it gives an error:

    ACPI BIOS missed cutoff

    Because of this error I went and upgraded my BIOS (or so I thought!) and it still gives this error. I disabled BIOS protection and when I regularly boot it says the BIOS version is the newer one that I installed. Any ideas for why the BIOS cutoff error still occurs?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    update

    It turns out that the mouse that works on the family PC with Knoppix does not work with Knoppix on my PC.

Similar Threads

  1. New guy needs help with wireless networking
    By ebazz in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
  2. Help with wireless networking
    By DukeXC in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
  3. need wireless networking help
    By thellamafarm in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
  4. Wireless Networking
    By nube72 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
  5. Wireless Networking help
    By Mike UK in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



Team Group T-FORCE DARK Z (2x8GB 3200MHz) Desktop Memory CL16 DDR4 16GB Kit picture

Team Group T-FORCE DARK Z (2x8GB 3200MHz) Desktop Memory CL16 DDR4 16GB Kit

$74.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00