Love Knoppix and would like to use it as a quick implementation of NIST/DummyNet/TC-NETEM for WAN performance simulation testing. TC and NETEM are built in, which is perfect for my needs, but I have found an interesting 'bug'. If I introduce delay on the loopback or ethernet interface the timers are variable - sometimes with a great degree of variance. I do not have this issue on the same machines using TC with FC4. DummyNet on FreeSBIE is very consistent, so I presume that RAMdisk and optical media factors (not that I would think that they would be an issue) are not a concern (thinking IO DMA, etc).
Any thoughts on this one - I can use FreeBSIE, but its NIC support is not as strong and I'm happier to only use one LiveCD to make things happen. I'm a network architect for a large financial, and getting folks to use these tools is easy with a Live CD, but really tough if I use words like install and compile the kernel...![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$178.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
$170.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99