Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: D-Link DWL-G510 C1 wireless cards nightmare

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4

    D-Link DWL-G510 C1 wireless cards nightmare

    Has anyone got the D-Link DWL-G510 revision C1 firmware 5.0 card working with Knoppix?
    If so, how?

    Worst of all, I need two of these cards working in the same machine

    I´ve been trying the Ralink drivers and ndiswrapper without luck.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    I have that card, recent purchase, uncertain about which firmware. Works withn ubuntu, fwiw.

    I believe that it uses an atheros chipset and madwifi drivers might work: http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/

    HTH

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4

    not atheros

    Revision C1 uses Ralink drivers. Still having a hard time getting it working with the RT61 drivers though...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4

    one working!!!



    I have one working properly now with the RT61 drivers.

    One thing though, is there a way to get this driver auto loaded with boot?
    I have the driver's .ko file saved in lib/modules/2.6.11/extra at the moment
    but when i restart that will go bye bye....

    I have my config saved on hda1 and I use a swap file.

    I see it keeps the /etc/modutils info.... so how will I get my network card
    up from the compiled driver at start-up?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4

    bad luck...

    Well, I thought it was working properly, until the machine froze.
    Now I can´t load the probe the interface without crashing the system...

    Once again, has anyone got this Ralink chipset from D'link DWL-G510
    Revision C1 working properly?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401

Similar Threads

  1. Installing wireless cards
    By jobsagoodon in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:07 PM
  2. Help for wireless pci cards.
    By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
  3. wireless cards
    By Philly_Blunt in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Wireless Cards
    By applecran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 06:02 PM
  5. How to get D-Link 650 (or other Prism2 cards) working
    By nzou in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99