-
Knoppix only boots failsafe
I have a server system:
Asus cuv4x-d motherboard
dual pentium 3 cpu's
Adaptec 2100s scsi card with raid 1 setup(2x16gb drives)
I am trying to use Knoppix to back up the system but
The only way I can get knoppix to boot is by using "failsafe"
If I try to boot normally or with "knoppix 3" I get a blank screen.
If I use "debug" then I see that the boot process freezes at:
ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs.
I have tried booting with diferent options like "no scsi" "no apic" etc. to try and
determine what is causing the hangup. Nothing works I get a blank screen.
How can I troubleshoot this issue?
Similar Threads
-
By Orion6 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2008, 04:49 AM
-
By nerbas in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By End_User in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:34 PM
-
By BusaDude in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:15 AM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered
$185.99

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00

G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95

1 X Samsung M471A2K43EB1-CWE 16GB PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) SO-DIMM Memory(UNTESTED)
$75.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz DIMM RAM KTH-PL432D8P/16G (2X16GB STICKS) sku 0055
$179.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99