Hello, I am new to Knoppix and I am writing for help. I've tried to run Knoppix 3.7 on my old PC but the screen simply gets black after the message -starting X11. I've only managed to enter the graphical interface using the cheatcodes "knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=75". However, my screen resolution remains only 640x480. My video adapter is Savage 3D with 8 MB of ram. Thanks in advance!
Cheatcodes such as "VGA=normal" or"screen=800x600" also lead to the same effect.
I've done some additional searching and have found that people having the same problem tried entering "kxconfig" in the root shell. However, when I adjust my desired settings and make an attempt to save the configuration on a floppy, I get a message telling me to insert an empty Dos or ext2 formatted disk. I've tried this with several new disks but there is nothing saved. I'm sure that my display supports 1024x768 resolution and 16 or 32-bit colour. Is there a way to make it work this way with Linux? The same problem occurs when running Knoppix 3.2 or 3.8. Additional info about my pc:
-processor- Celeron 366 Mhz;
-ram- 160 Mb SD Ram;
-display- KFC-15;
-hard disk- 10 Gb.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99