-
apt-get Problems while remastering
Hi,
I am a long time gentoo user, but fairly new to debian. I am trying to remaster knoppix to add some multimedia software (hopefully mythtv among others). I am starting with the current cd image (4.0.2) but I'm planning to burn it to a dvd (add software, without removing anything). I am using the HOWTO on the knoppix wiki. Anyway, I am having trouble with apt-get wanting to remove packages (all of kde in fact) and I can't seem to find a way to stop it. If I add kde to the list of packages to install with apt-get, it decides not to remove all but a few packages, which would be fine except that kdebluetooth is one of the packages it wants to remove, which can't be removed for some reason. I would prefer if I didn't have to remove any software, so I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to accomplish that. Otherwise, the errors I get when apt-get tries to remove kdebluetooth are below, and If someone could tell me what I can do about it, I would also appreciate that. I was able to find that apt-get has an option to exit without removing software, but that doesn't help much.
Code:
Removing kdebluetooth ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on divert-to
when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt by kdebluetooth'
found `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
dpkg: error processing kdebluetooth (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
kdebluetooth
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
If it affects anything, I am using my gentoo install as a host system while remastering, but I can't imagine why it would matter.
Thanks,
Ben
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: apt-get Problems while remastering

Originally Posted by
mben
Code:
Removing kdebluetooth ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on divert-to
when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt by kdebluetooth'
found `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
dpkg: error processing kdebluetooth (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
kdebluetooth
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Ben
The thing to do is to remove diversion (dpkg-divert) from /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop.orig. Do it like this:
Code:
-tapsa-
#rm /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock
# dpkg-divert --rename --remove /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock
Removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
-
Thanks for the tip,
It seems to have worked so far, but the server I was using for mythtv,etc packages is down at the moment so I haven't been able to completely put it to the test.
Similar Threads
-
By kurush_ishraqi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2008, 08:24 AM
-
By Sendotux in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
-
By yoshu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
-
By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
-
By Georgy#28 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99