Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HP printer installation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    HP printer installation

    Hello everyone. I have been using Knoppix for over a month now and I love it.
    I am having a problem, however with installing an HP Deskjet3820 printer. I follow the KDE printer configure wizard, pick the correct USB port and model and driver but nothing happens, even though Knoppix says test page sent to printer o.k. I have even tried different drivers and the Generic printer settings. The only thing that works is choosing Raw Printer - No Driver but it just prints gibberish!
    Has anyone else solved this problem? Please help! :javascript:emoticon('')(

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    I have the same problem with a hp laserjet 1000. It will not print a test page at all. I've tried all the usb ports, and spent nearly an hour trying to configue the printer to no avail. It would be beneficial if we can have some feedback.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

    Re: HP printer installation

    Quote Originally Posted by freshmeadow
    .. even though Knoppix says test page sent to printer o.k.
    I've had the same issue when the printer was turned on before the pc. Turning on the printer after linux was loaded solved me the problem

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    64
    I finally discovered that I have to power cycle my HP Laserjet 1200 after boot is done
    before it will print.
    (Knop4, cupsenable, PS printer on /dev/usb/lp0)
    The printer showed up on usbview before, but
    dmesg does NOT have any entry for a printer until after the power cycle.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5
    I have the same problem as freashmeadow, but with my HP deskjet 5150. The printer was recogniszed as the usb-interface as 5150.
    But there is an error message, that the driver was not found on the right place or there is not the right permission to install printers.
    I have tested it as a user and as root.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9
    Hi freshmeadow

    Did You try also the "ESP DeskJet Series" driver ?

    I had the same problem with a "HP Laserjet 4L" and a "HP PSC750 Officejet" printer setup. I have chosen the "ESP... " drivers and since then the printers are working like a charm...

    The reason why I don't know.

Similar Threads

  1. Printer installation
    By ngc7088 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:40 PM
  2. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  3. Printer installation problem
    By timread in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 11:49 PM
  4. Printer driver installation problem.
    By massai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 05:29 AM
  5. Probleme nach installation!! - Problems after installation!!
    By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE  Parts or Repair READ picture

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ

$150.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On picture

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On

$299.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder  picture

READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder

$34.50