I have the same problem with a hp laserjet 1000. It will not print a test page at all. I've tried all the usb ports, and spent nearly an hour trying to configue the printer to no avail. It would be beneficial if we can have some feedback.![]()
Hello everyone. I have been using Knoppix for over a month now and I love it.
I am having a problem, however with installing an HP Deskjet3820 printer. I follow the KDE printer configure wizard, pick the correct USB port and model and driver but nothing happens, even though Knoppix says test page sent to printer o.k. I have even tried different drivers and the Generic printer settings. The only thing that works is choosing Raw Printer - No Driver but it just prints gibberish!
Has anyone else solved this problem? Please help! :javascript:emoticon('')(
I have the same problem with a hp laserjet 1000. It will not print a test page at all. I've tried all the usb ports, and spent nearly an hour trying to configue the printer to no avail. It would be beneficial if we can have some feedback.![]()
I've had the same issue when the printer was turned on before the pc. Turning on the printer after linux was loaded solved me the problemOriginally Posted by freshmeadow
![]()
I finally discovered that I have to power cycle my HP Laserjet 1200 after boot is done
before it will print.
(Knop4, cupsenable, PS printer on /dev/usb/lp0)
The printer showed up on usbview before, but
dmesg does NOT have any entry for a printer until after the power cycle.
I have the same problem as freashmeadow, but with my HP deskjet 5150. The printer was recogniszed as the usb-interface as 5150.
But there is an error message, that the driver was not found on the right place or there is not the right permission to install printers.
I have tested it as a user and as root.
Hi freshmeadow
Did You try also the "ESP DeskJet Series" driver ?
I had the same problem with a "HP Laserjet 4L" and a "HP PSC750 Officejet" printer setup. I have chosen the "ESP... " drivers and since then the printers are working like a charm...
The reason why I don't know.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$489.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E14 Laptop 14" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected]
$126.65
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
Apple Mac Mini M1 @ 3.2GHz, A2348, 1TB 16GB, 8-Core CPU / 8-Core GPU - SILVER
$675.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 104MB AM5 Processor Brand New
$379.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21