Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: cdrom cdrom1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    etherworld
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by canjohn
    WOW folks -- this has gone way beyond me.

    I still cannot figure out what the problem is here. I have gone into XMMS Prefernces. There was a place (sorry can't recall the details) where I could check the disk. XMMS could apparently read the disk but could not find /media directory. I can't either. Should there be one - should I create one? Also. I neglected to note that the cdrom1 is a CD-RW (not sure tht makes any difference).

    I still cannot get the drive to read a commercial or other cda disk. When I try to munt it there is a few seconds of disk activity and then I get the following KDesktop message - file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist.

    Again any more help could be appreciated.
    Open a Konsole and type this;
    sudo cat /etc/fstab
    should see some entries like this;

    /dev/hdd /media/cdrom1 iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

    paste the WHOLE output of your file though

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    etherworld
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by canjohn
    WOW folks -- this has gone way beyond me.

    I still cannot figure out what the problem is here. I have gone into XMMS Prefernces. There was a place (sorry can't recall the details) where I could check the disk. XMMS could apparently read the disk but could not find /media directory. I can't either. Should there be one - should I create one? Also. I neglected to note that the cdrom1 is a CD-RW (not sure tht makes any difference).

    I still cannot get the drive to read a commercial or other cda disk. When I try to munt it there is a few seconds of disk activity and then I get the following KDesktop message - file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist.

    Again any more help could be appreciated.
    Open a Konsole and type this;
    sudo cat /etc/fstab
    should see some entries like this;

    /dev/hdd /media/cdrom1 iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

    paste the WHOLE output of your file though
    Please tell us what CDs you are trying with (AudioCD, DataCDs. Premade, Store bought, MP3s, DVDs, etc)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    cdrom cdrom1

    With XMMS open, right click anywhere on the player and select: Play -> Play AudioCD .

    Your player does need to know where to find the audio cd.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8
    SOLUTION FOUND

    I got the audio cd to play using XMMS. Here is what I did

    1. I went into O(ptions) on the XMMS menu - left side marked by an O
    2. I went into Preferences
    3. I selected audio CD player, Then Configure, Then Options.
    4. Under Default CD Device I changed from /dev/cdrom (which has Knoppix DVD) to /dev/cdrom1 (my cd-rw device).
    5. I went back to the Preference dialogue and clicked on CD Audio Player
    6. I clicked on COnfigure again.
    7. This time I clicked Add Drive at the bottom. In Device I added /dev/cdrom1. I also changed to Digital Audio Extraction.

    I am not sure which or if all the changes made the differences and after 3 days of tyring did not want to go back. I will experiment when I next start the LiveCD since I figure I will loose these changes. THanks for those who replied and got me thinking about the Prefereces!! JJJJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Can't see cdrom1
    By GottaBuild in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
  2. /cdrom /cdrom1, can not be mounted!
    By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
  3. ok...walk me through this...cdrom and cdrom1
    By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
  4. Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'
    By milne in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height picture

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height

$899.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Dell CN-044GNF  SAS 12GB/S 1GB PCI-E X8 Raid Controller picture

Dell CN-044GNF SAS 12GB/S 1GB PCI-E X8 Raid Controller

$14.99



Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN picture

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN

$55.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J picture

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J

$70.00