Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: cdrom cdrom1

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    etherworld
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by canjohn
    WOW folks -- this has gone way beyond me.

    I still cannot figure out what the problem is here. I have gone into XMMS Prefernces. There was a place (sorry can't recall the details) where I could check the disk. XMMS could apparently read the disk but could not find /media directory. I can't either. Should there be one - should I create one? Also. I neglected to note that the cdrom1 is a CD-RW (not sure tht makes any difference).

    I still cannot get the drive to read a commercial or other cda disk. When I try to munt it there is a few seconds of disk activity and then I get the following KDesktop message - file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist.

    Again any more help could be appreciated.
    Open a Konsole and type this;
    sudo cat /etc/fstab
    should see some entries like this;

    /dev/hdd /media/cdrom1 iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

    paste the WHOLE output of your file though

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    etherworld
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by canjohn
    WOW folks -- this has gone way beyond me.

    I still cannot figure out what the problem is here. I have gone into XMMS Prefernces. There was a place (sorry can't recall the details) where I could check the disk. XMMS could apparently read the disk but could not find /media directory. I can't either. Should there be one - should I create one? Also. I neglected to note that the cdrom1 is a CD-RW (not sure tht makes any difference).

    I still cannot get the drive to read a commercial or other cda disk. When I try to munt it there is a few seconds of disk activity and then I get the following KDesktop message - file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist.

    Again any more help could be appreciated.
    Open a Konsole and type this;
    sudo cat /etc/fstab
    should see some entries like this;

    /dev/hdd /media/cdrom1 iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

    paste the WHOLE output of your file though
    Please tell us what CDs you are trying with (AudioCD, DataCDs. Premade, Store bought, MP3s, DVDs, etc)

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    135

    cdrom cdrom1

    With XMMS open, right click anywhere on the player and select: Play -> Play AudioCD .

    Your player does need to know where to find the audio cd.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8
    SOLUTION FOUND

    I got the audio cd to play using XMMS. Here is what I did

    1. I went into O(ptions) on the XMMS menu - left side marked by an O
    2. I went into Preferences
    3. I selected audio CD player, Then Configure, Then Options.
    4. Under Default CD Device I changed from /dev/cdrom (which has Knoppix DVD) to /dev/cdrom1 (my cd-rw device).
    5. I went back to the Preference dialogue and clicked on CD Audio Player
    6. I clicked on COnfigure again.
    7. This time I clicked Add Drive at the bottom. In Device I added /dev/cdrom1. I also changed to Digital Audio Extraction.

    I am not sure which or if all the changes made the differences and after 3 days of tyring did not want to go back. I will experiment when I next start the LiveCD since I figure I will loose these changes. THanks for those who replied and got me thinking about the Prefereces!! JJJJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Can't see cdrom1
    By GottaBuild in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
  2. /cdrom /cdrom1, can not be mounted!
    By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
  3. ok...walk me through this...cdrom and cdrom1
    By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
  4. Could not create mount point '/mnt/auto/cdrom1'
    By milne in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Switch Lite 8 PoE picture

Switch Lite 8 PoE

$65.00



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99