-
WOW folks -- this has gone way beyond me.
I still cannot figure out what the problem is here. I have gone into XMMS Prefernces. There was a place (sorry can't recall the details) where I could check the disk. XMMS could apparently read the disk but could not find /media directory. I can't either. Should there be one - should I create one? Also. I neglected to note that the cdrom1 is a CD-RW (not sure tht makes any difference).
I still cannot get the drive to read a commercial or other cda disk. When I try to munt it there is a few seconds of disk activity and then I get the following KDesktop message - file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist.
Again any more help could be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By GottaBuild in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
-
By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
-
By milne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Microsoft Word for Windows 1.1 Big Box NEW FACTORY SEALED Aus Version
$209.15

HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00