-

Originally Posted by
canjohn
WOW folks -- this has gone way beyond me.
I still cannot figure out what the problem is here. I have gone into XMMS Prefernces. There was a place (sorry can't recall the details) where I could check the disk. XMMS could apparently read the disk but could not find /media directory. I can't either. Should there be one - should I create one? Also. I neglected to note that the cdrom1 is a CD-RW (not sure tht makes any difference).
I still cannot get the drive to read a commercial or other cda disk. When I try to munt it there is a few seconds of disk activity and then I get the following KDesktop message - file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist.
Again any more help could be appreciated.
Open a Konsole and type this;
sudo cat /etc/fstab
should see some entires like this;
/dev/hdd /media/cdrom1 iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0
post the WHOLE output of your file though
Similar Threads
-
By GottaBuild in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
-
By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
-
By milne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage
$199.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.
$197.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00