-
TC timers - WAN performance testing
Love Knoppix and would like to use it as a quick implementation of NIST/DummyNet/TC-NETEM for WAN performance simulation testing. TC and NETEM are built in, which is perfect for my needs, but I have found an interesting 'bug'. If I introduce delay on the loopback or ethernet interface the timers are variable - sometimes with a great degree of variance. I do not have this issue on the same machines using TC with FC4. DummyNet on FreeSBIE is very consistent, so I presume that RAMdisk and optical media factors (not that I would think that they would be an issue) are not a concern (thinking IO DMA, etc).
Any thoughts on this one - I can use FreeBSIE, but its NIC support is not as strong and I'm happier to only use one LiveCD to make things happen. I'm a network architect for a large financial, and getting folks to use these tools is easy with a Live CD, but really tough if I use words like install and compile the kernel...
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2007, 08:33 PM
-
By LoneShadow in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2007, 02:22 AM
-
By Pyrates in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
-
By ghetto_blaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:22 AM
-
By zblace in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 10:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz
$60.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(2 x 16GB) CMK32GX4M2A2400C16 DDR4 2400MHz RAM - C1730
$119.95

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16
$55.00