Love Knoppix and would like to use it as a quick implementation of NIST/DummyNet/TC-NETEM for WAN performance simulation testing. TC and NETEM are built in, which is perfect for my needs, but I have found an interesting 'bug'. If I introduce delay on the loopback or ethernet interface the timers are variable - sometimes with a great degree of variance. I do not have this issue on the same machines using TC with FC4. DummyNet on FreeSBIE is very consistent, so I presume that RAMdisk and optical media factors (not that I would think that they would be an issue) are not a concern (thinking IO DMA, etc).
Any thoughts on this one - I can use FreeBSIE, but its NIC support is not as strong and I'm happier to only use one LiveCD to make things happen. I'm a network architect for a large financial, and getting folks to use these tools is easy with a Live CD, but really tough if I use words like install and compile the kernel...![]()

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$129.95
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 3.40GHz Socket AM4 CPU 32MB L3 Cache
$174.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$484.00
Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00