-
Help running application please
Hi all,
My name is Sav Singh and am currently working on remastering a knoppix distribution. I have recieved a lot of knowledge and help from these forums and I would like to thank everybody involved to make this forum a big success. I would really appreciate if you guys could kindly help me with an issue running a specific application.
Currently I am using KNOPPIX version 3.8.2. I have used UnderScore's script http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867 to remaster. I have managed to get rid of applications and install other applications. After burning the ISO image, the CD boots up fine and i can run some of the applications that I have installed. But the problem is with "etherape". This network monitoring application is not running when i click the respective icon from the KMenu. I recieve a message saying "Error getting device: no suitable device found" Surprisingly, when i run this from the root shell, it seems to work fine. I would guess that this is because of some permission problem. Could any one suggest me what should I do regarding this please.
Another application called Greenwich seems to have some problem as well. When clicked, it seems to be load in the toolbar with a "busy" moune symbol but suddenly dissapears after that.
I would really appreciate if you could help me with this please.
Many Thanks
Sav Singh
Similar Threads
-
By MethodOne in forum Klik
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 03:04 PM
-
By vijirin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
-
By w5uc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 10:23 PM
-
By Discerner0 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:34 PM
-
By sparks40 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

LOT OF 20 128GB 2230 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs | Mixed Brands
$269.95

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00