-
cdrom cdrom1
I too am very new to Linux (1 week) and trying to decide if I want to forego MS on one machine. I am "playing" with Knoppinx 4.0 live-cd on a celeron 400 256K machine with a DVD and CD burner.
Knoppix (and KDE and all the other stuff) seems to load and run fine. It finds two cdroms and KDE puts two icons on the desktop cdrom (which is my DVD) and cdrom1 (my burner). However ONLY cdrom (which contains the Knoppix live cd) works. WHen I click on it Konquerer opens and displays the Knoppix dvd files.
BUT, WHen I click cdrom1 there is some brief cdrom activity (as expected), but then I get the following message - "Unable to run the command specified, The file or folder file:///mnt/cdrom1 does not exist" I get the same message whether or not there is a cd in the drive.
Any help could be really appreciated -- Thank you. JJJJ
More Infor --
I just discivered that I can read an Knoppix boot disk and a disk of MP3 files. BUT I cannot read a regular music CD. Is there somethng I need to know about music cds.
JJJJ
Similar Threads
-
By GottaBuild in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
-
By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By Silver_Seagull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
-
By milne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$490.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99