Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: FC4 & Gnome

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2

    FC4 & Gnome

    Does klik work with this setup and if so how? I installed it via the
    Code:
    wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
    command and it told me to restart firefox. I do so, and yet it still can't handle klik. Do I need to create any kind of symbolic link to a specific file like I do with some other things?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Please start Firefox, close it again.
    Install the klik client.
    Open Firefox again.
    Does it work?

    If not, you can set it up manually:

    In your address bar type "about:config" and press Enter.
    Right-click anywhere in the browser portion of the Firefox window and select "New->String".
    Type the preference name as "network.protocol-handler.app.klik" and press Enter.
    For the string value enter "~/.klik" and press Enter. This will have completed entering the handler for klik:// URLs.
    Again right-click in the window and this time select New->Boolean.
    Type the preference name as "network.protocol-handler.warn-external.klik" and press Enter.
    Type the value as "true" and press Enter. This will make the browser prompt you before launching klik. If you don't want the browser to warn you then select "false" for this value.

    (Taken from http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/User%27s_FAQ)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2
    Thanks. I actually got it working late yesterday with a similar method. I had restarted the machine and nada, so I installed it again, restarted firefox then it came up. Seems to be working okay. Are klik packages distribution dependent or anything? I tried to install dosbox last night (and it gave me alist of things it was going to download, which all seemed like debian packages) but I thought I'd give it a go anyway, and it ended up failing after downloading the files.

Similar Threads

  1. Tried GNOME and it won't let go!
    By HatGuy in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 03:29 PM
  2. KDE & GNOME
    By Jameson in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:58 PM
  3. Not Gnome, But Gnome Ready?
    By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
  4. Gnome or KDE ????
    By Adeel in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. GNOME
    By papasi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00