Hi, is it possible to format a removable drive back to fat32? I only changed it so my NAS could see it and didn't realise it was hard to put back. Stupid I know!
Cheers
GHL
Hi, is it possible to format a removable drive back to fat32? I only changed it so my NAS could see it and didn't realise it was hard to put back. Stupid I know!
Cheers
GHL
Sorry, meant ext3 to fat32.
GHL
Copy all files elsewhere.
Delete Partition.
Create FAT partition in it's place.
Copy all files back, at least the ones that are less than 4 gig and will fit.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Sorry to sound stupid, but what do I use to convert it back with?
GHL
The word convert is an unfortunate choice here, since you don't really convert. You delete the partition and then you make a new partition in the same space. Any current partitioning software should be able to do this. Old versions of MS Fdisk did refuse to delete non-DOS partitions, but any Linux partitioning software should gladly delete the partition (get your files backed up first) as should the current windows tools. I like Ranish partition manager myself, but use whatever partition software you know and are comfortable with. And, of course, after you define the new FAT32 partition in the partition table you will have to format it. This is usually a seperate step, although some partitioning software will ask you and offer to go ahead and format it also.Originally Posted by gplhl
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62