Hello
I have been trying for some time now to install a new module into USB Feather - a version of KNOPPIX (latest version of the USB seems to be 0.7.4) to support my wireless USB card. I am now stuck and would appreciate any ideas?
Firstly, I am now able to un-cloop KNOPPIX into a filesystem, make changes and then compress this back and boot from it off the USB and all works fine! I have copied all the files to my harddisk,
cp –Rupv /mnt/cloop0 /root/download/k
To enter into the Feather environment:
chroot /root/download/k/cloop0
mount –t proc /proc proc
This seems to work fine.
I now want to install the new driver (see http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki) for my card. This I have compiled and called zd1211.o. [as an aside, I have installed this on my SUSE PC and it works fine!]
I copied this file to /lib/modules/2.4.27/net
(there are a number of other network related drivers here too!)
Still in the “chrootâ€?, I try: depmod –a
I get an error:
depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented
I have checked the version of depmod (that is in /sbin) and it returns 2.4.26. Any ideas why this will not run in my “chrootâ€? environment?
If I boot from my USB, and do depmod –a, it works fine, but then cannot open /lib/modules/2.4.27/modules.dep to write the results (I guess this is ro on the USB).
Any help appreciated as my already think hair is getting worse!!
Thanks
Nick

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99