Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Building a Knoppix CD

  1. #1

    Building a Knoppix CD

    So,

    I downloaded KNoppix, and extraceted it (on win xp), so that I could burn the disc, and use knoppix to rescue some data off another comp.

    I popped the disc in, and made sure that it was set to boot from cd first.
    it still booted into the OS, that is full of problems.


    So i burnt the zipped/compressed image to the disc thinking thats how it was supposed to be, and that gave the same result.

    So my question is: How do I arrange Knoppix so that I can burn it, and then use it?

    I tried the FAQ, and couldn't find anything there. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Building a Knoppix CD

    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayinninja
    So, I downloaded KNoppix, and extraceted it (..... that is full of problems.


    So i burnt the zipped/compressed image to the disc thinking thats how it was supposed to be, and that gave the same result.

    So my question is: How do I arrange Knoppix so that I can burn it, and then use it?

    I tried the FAQ, and couldn't find anything there
    . Any help would be appreciated.
    No extracting involved. What FAQ is "The FAQ" that you refer to? f you folling the information clearly given in the FAQ referecced in my generic Answer #1 you will have all of the information needed.

  3. #3
    Nope that wasn't the FAQ that I had seen. the FAQ that I had seen was from the site that I downloaded Knoppix from.

    I believe that the site that I downloaded from was www.linuxman.co.au . I know that it was linuxman, and that it was an Australian site, but that's about all I remember. (it was the only site that I could get through to from behind the campus firewall.)



    and gracias for pointing me in the right direction.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles with building KNOPPIX live cd
    By mgs_oleg in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
  2. Building Knoppix-like CD
    By oldmarti in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
  3. Need custom knoppix CD building
    By andrewtayloruk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
  4. ?Building a new KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 03:43 AM
  5. Building custom kernel under KNOPPIX and package it ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



DELL PRECISION TOWER 5810 XEON E5-1620 v3 3.5GHz 4/8GB RAM Nvidia NO HDD/OS picture

DELL PRECISION TOWER 5810 XEON E5-1620 v3 3.5GHz 4/8GB RAM Nvidia NO HDD/OS

$149.99



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$354.48



Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11 picture

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11

$699.00



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99