-
problem copying linux drive to usb thumb drive
Hi.
I have used Knoppix to boot a computer which has a Linux (Debian) hard drive which currently refuses to boot ... I want to copy some of the files to a USB thumb drive to try to recover them ... but I can't get them to copy ... sometimes I get the message that I can't read the file I want to copy, and other times I get the message that I can't write to the device ....
I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but I can't figure it out .... can anyone help, or point me to a howto that might get me started?
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By bagmonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By fatblueduck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
-
By freeballer in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 05:37 PM
-
By Wingman0 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00