Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Building a Knoppix CD

  1. #1

    Building a Knoppix CD

    So,

    I downloaded KNoppix, and extraceted it (on win xp), so that I could burn the disc, and use knoppix to rescue some data off another comp.

    I popped the disc in, and made sure that it was set to boot from cd first.
    it still booted into the OS, that is full of problems.


    So i burnt the zipped/compressed image to the disc thinking thats how it was supposed to be, and that gave the same result.

    So my question is: How do I arrange Knoppix so that I can burn it, and then use it?

    I tried the FAQ, and couldn't find anything there. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Building a Knoppix CD

    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayinninja
    So, I downloaded KNoppix, and extraceted it (..... that is full of problems.


    So i burnt the zipped/compressed image to the disc thinking thats how it was supposed to be, and that gave the same result.

    So my question is: How do I arrange Knoppix so that I can burn it, and then use it?

    I tried the FAQ, and couldn't find anything there
    . Any help would be appreciated.
    No extracting involved. What FAQ is "The FAQ" that you refer to? f you folling the information clearly given in the FAQ referecced in my generic Answer #1 you will have all of the information needed.

  3. #3
    Nope that wasn't the FAQ that I had seen. the FAQ that I had seen was from the site that I downloaded Knoppix from.

    I believe that the site that I downloaded from was www.linuxman.co.au . I know that it was linuxman, and that it was an Australian site, but that's about all I remember. (it was the only site that I could get through to from behind the campus firewall.)



    and gracias for pointing me in the right direction.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles with building KNOPPIX live cd
    By mgs_oleg in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
  2. Building Knoppix-like CD
    By oldmarti in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
  3. Need custom knoppix CD building
    By andrewtayloruk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
  4. ?Building a new KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 03:43 AM
  5. Building custom kernel under KNOPPIX and package it ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R DDR4 Svr RAM P03052-091  P00924-B21 M393A4K40DB2-CVFBY picture

HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R DDR4 Svr RAM P03052-091 P00924-B21 M393A4K40DB2-CVFBY

$250.00



Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q) picture

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)

$120.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$378.00



Samsung 16GB M393A2G40DB0-CPB, PC4-2133P-RA0-10-DC0 DDR4, ECC Registered picture

Samsung 16GB M393A2G40DB0-CPB, PC4-2133P-RA0-10-DC0 DDR4, ECC Registered

$75.00



Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4

$1499.00



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$155.00



NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory picture

NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory

$75.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00