-
Woot! I'm online! but......
Ok I figured out how to get my old computer which is now running Knoppix online (no other OS). It was to simple all I needed to do was run netcardconfig and it did it's magic. I can now see my Knoppix computer from my other win2k machines also but now it gets alittle trickier. I want to tell Knoppix to use my printer that is on one of my win2k machines. It want's the address of the printer I assume that is computername/printername? I'm just unsure how to tell it the address I'm going through the built in printing manager. If this isn't enough information let me know, the basic setup is my Knoppix box is connected to my router and all my other computers are also. Also I tried using win2k's network places to browse my Knoppix box. When it pulled up the name and password box I tried logging on as root but it wouldn't let me in said my name and or password weren't valid. I assume this is just some weird thing cuz I'm trying to browse a Linux machine with a windows machine.
Thanks in advance,
Jwilds
Similar Threads
-
By gadgerama in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:30 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
-
By oc in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM
-
By jwilds73 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 07:51 AM
-
By Firstimer in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed
$245.57