-
qtparted can't see my hard disk
Hi,
I'm using qtparted from the Knoppix CD because I want to shrink the NTFS partition on my Windows laptop, so that I can install Fedora to give me a dual-boot system.
When I tried running qtparted yesterday it showed me the two existing partitions on my disk. Unfortunately when I tried to resize one it said that it was in use. I got the idea to run "chkdsk /f" from another forum to resolve this problem.
But now when I run qtparted it doesn't pick up my hard drive at all - the only disk it sees is "/UNIONFS/dev/hdc", which I assume is my CD-ROM drive. 
I guess the fact that I ran chkdsk may be unrelated, but I can't think of anything else I've done that could prevent qtparted from seeing my hard disk.
Any ideass?
Similar Threads
-
By maprice in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2008, 03:57 PM
-
By vijirin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-21-2007, 09:23 AM
-
By tallyp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
-
By NinaBlount in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 12:43 AM
-
By JohnnyH in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00