Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Disable tap-to-click feature in Knoopix bootable from CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3

    Disable tap-to-click feature in Knoopix bootable from CD

    I run Knoppix 4.0.2 from CD on laptop (Compaq Presario 716). I created a persistent copy of home directory on HDD. I wonder if there is a way to disable tap-to-click feature of my touchpad and keep it stored, so the system will "remember" this next time I boot from CD?

    tia

    Mihal

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    If it's a Synaptics pad then
    <code>
    synclient TouchpadOff=1
    </code>
    can help. If it does, put that into .bash_profile or .profile of your $HOME .

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3
    Unfortunately it didn't help. I got the following:

    knoppix@3[knoppix]$ synclient TouchpadOff=1
    Can't access shared memory area. SHMConfig disabled?

    I looked for SHMConfig and I found that I need following line in XF86Config:

    Option "SHMConfig" "on"

    The problem is I cannot edit this file in live-cd distribution. Well, I also found some suggestions that

    Option "MaxTapTime "0"

    in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 might help, but this is again the same problem.

    Any other ideas?

    Mihal

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3
    Here is how I finally did it:

    One must edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. This must be done as a root of course. Then do the following:

    1) in section "ServerLayout" add the line:
    InputDevice "Synaptics" "AlwaysCore"

    2) in section "Module" add the line:
    Load "synaptics"

    3) create the following section:
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Synaptics"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "TouchpadOff" "1"
    EndSection

    To keep this setting when computer is rebooted one must save configuration. In KDE manager choose KNOPPIX->Configure->"Save KNOPPIX Configuration"

    Then next time when Knoppix is started one should type "knoppix myconfig=...." to restore this configuration.

    Thanks angor, it looks like your suggestion was more or less like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Feature only available with HAL
    By abcc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM
  2. How to enable this cool konqueror feature?
    By maxIT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 10:10 AM
  3. An useful new kernel feature?
    By Targaryen in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 11:29 PM
  4. Adding feature to SuperKaramba
    By KanotixUser in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:33 PM
  5. has the logout feature fixed yet?
    By heathenx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 01:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive picture

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive

$179.99