-
Reformatting NTFS -> FAT32
Hi
I tring to automate a system recovery script but I am having problems formatting a partition.
I have a NTFS partition and using the command mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/hda1 I have formatted it as FAT32 and copied some new files to it (namely i386 from XP CD)
BUT, when I restart the PC using a Win98 boot disk it cannot see the partition. FDisk (DOS version) sees the partion as NTFS.
In knoppix, QTPARTED sees the partition as FAT32 BUT sfdisk -l shows the following info:-
boot start end cyls block Id system
/dev/hda1 * 0+ 1025- 1026 8241313+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
What have I done wrong? I was hoping not to have to delete the partition, just reformat it, but maybe I can't?
Many thanks
AlanC
Similar Threads
-
By dav2900 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-01-2006, 03:29 AM
-
By mobilesoul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 05:50 AM
-
By Spirit Of Atlantis in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 04:03 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Lot of 21 Intel Core i7 8thGen CPU Processors
$1599.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00