-
Hi Harry,
Sorry, what I typed wasn't very clear.
This is the scenario. Existing NTFS partition with data that I don't care for. I am tring to format it as FAT32 so that I can copy an unattended install of XP from the network and then boot from a floppy/CD and run setup.
I am trying to scripts this. There may be other partitions on the drive that I want to leave, thats why I don't really want to mess with partitions on the drive. IE, just scrap the existing XP install ready for a reinstall.
I can format the NTFS partition as FAT32 and copy files to it, but when I boot from a DOS floppy/cd that supports FAT32 it cannot see the drive. DOS Fdisk still sees it as NTFS which is why I guess it doesnt give me drive C.
Thanks
AlanC
Similar Threads
-
By dav2900 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-01-2006, 03:29 AM
-
By mobilesoul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 05:50 AM
-
By Spirit Of Atlantis in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 04:03 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77