-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
rollo11
.....But you didn't answer my question about whether there is access to a command line in the Debian installer. Because if there isn't then my netcard will not connect, and it will be a non-starter. Thanks again. I'm getting there.
The reason I didn't answer a command line in the installer question is 1) I didn't see it. 2) I don't know, since the installer likes my network and just takes care of everything, but I do remember that quite a while back I did have to do some network configuration on an old installer and it let me do so, although I don't recall the details. and 3) I don't know what you have to do to make your network work. If it's something like manually setting your IP address then I don't expect any problem. If it's to compile and install a special NIC driver then I think you're s.o.l. Considering that the Debian Internet installer is about 8 meg and that you now have the toram magic to let you get at your CD burner (I'm assuming that you have enough RAM and it works for you since you seemed happy about this approach) why not try it rather than keep discussing it? By the way, I don't have enough RAM on any of my systems to use this with Knoppix but just used it with DSL and it worked fantastic.
Similar Threads
-
By abittner in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
-
By hero92 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:36 AM
-
By Cyazares in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By ramrom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$94.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00